Tuesday, December 23, 2014

#14 Apple Cider Vinegar for Birds (Text Post)

I am always being asked about ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) and its uses with birds.

I use Apple Cider Vinegar in my birds drinking water. I have done lots of research and read many different studies and articles written about the health benefits of ACV. I didn't just wake up and decide to start doing it - I actually spent a large amount of time researching and reading studies. Most of the research I read said to use one half cup of ACV per each gallon of water. I decided on 5 tablespoons per gallon ( a very low dose amount ). For the first week I added 2 tablespoons to each gallon of water so that the birds could get used to it. After the first week I started using 5 table spoons per gallon and have continued now for over 3 years. Every 3rd week I give the birds only vita water and then start them back on the ACV again on the 4th week. I really did notice the benefits. My birds colors were brighter, they laid more fertile eggs and I have had almost zero illness. One of the really good things I liked about ACV is that it allows the birds body to absorb more calcium from their everyday regular food. I have had no slow crop issues with my babies and zero crop issues with the adults. I also raise cockatiels from time to time and they are very well known to have crop issues as babies. Sour crop or slow crop is very common. Adding ACV to the handfeeding formula has 100% stopped all slow or sour crop issues. This is my personal experience and I did a lot of research, However - I am no doctor and everyone should do their own research before starting an ACV treatment. On my different website information pages I list different uses for ACV and some links to other websites that will give you more information. Most of the research was done on chickens in the beginning as farmers started using it to prevent illness.  Since I have started using ACV even more research has been done and more information is not available on the internet to back up all the claims. I will be updating my website with this information soon. I do suggest that anyone who would like to use ACV do some internet searches and read all the information before starting. * Note that it is very important that the ACV you use has the MOTHER included in the bottle. Visit my website www.LuckyFeathers.com



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this, I also did a ton of research and started using ACV about 9 months ago. I am 100% convinced that it works great and prevents crop infections. I have had issues with baby cockatiel crop infections for a long time and have done everything suggested and read many articles. Since using ACV i have had none. It is great stuff, thanks again for such a wonderful website. Billy S.

    ReplyDelete